Friday, September 20, 2013

The Land of Good Eats

There are a lot of different possible courses in a French dinner, the main ones neing the entree (appetizer), plate (main course) and dessert. At some of the chambre d'hotes I've stayed at there has been an aperatif and soup before the entree and cheese before dessert.  Sometimes there's a digestif to finish it all off.  I'm in the city of Saintes this evening which is kind of like dessert in that it's directly between the towns of Roquefort to the north west and Cognac to the south east. 

A very attractive town that has been here since the hay day of the Roman era.  The city's double arch was built by Germanicus in 19AD as a tribute to his father Tiberius. If I recall correctly Germanicus was murdered by his 10 year old son, Caligula. 

I've taken at least 20 grams of vitamin C today but don't feel much better than yesterday. I didn't walk today but dont much like the place im staying so am determined to get back to it tomorrow. 

I know I'm suppose to starve this cold but being in this land of good eats, figure I'll go try and choke down some grub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment