Thursday, September 26, 2013

Barp (Excusee Moi!)

I'm in the town of Le Barp, around 30km south of Bordeaux. As you may know already I'm not much of a hot weather person so I didn't much enjoy today's trek out of Bordeaux. It was around 90 degrees by 1pm and tedious. 

There were some grapes in the first couple of hours but then I apparently exited the Gironde region and entered Landes. The problem with Landes is that it's one if those places that's totally flat and there's no shade. For the most part the walking route is at least unpaved, but some of the paths go completely straight for more than five km. 

All of the regular rooms at the local flop house were booked so I had to pony up an extra 10e for the premium room. It has THREE AIR CONDITIONERS and a heated towel rack, which is the only thing that will dry my super socks overnight after they're washed. 
This is the view from the pool cabana entrance to the sitting room (note walking stick). Bedroom to the left, bathroom to the right. 


No comments:

Post a Comment