Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Aulnay's So Nice I'm Blogging It Twice

The hotel in town is called Hotel Donjon and its the best place I've stayed so far. 

I don't know how old it is but it's old and beautifully updated. It's also the cleanest place I've stayed in, and the lady who runs it cares more about her place than any "innkeeper" I've experienced so far. 

When I checked in she said I couldn't have dinner there because she needs a day's notice and only serves a couple of diners per night. She gave me the dining options in the town square (50 feet away).  There's a regular restaurant which is good, or the Internet cafe which is very good and her favorite. 

I had a salad that I thought only existed in Spain; romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, asparagus, hard boiled egg, tuna and Swiss cheese to start, followed by an entrecôte with fries washed down with a 50cl carafe of chilled red wine and an espresso. All delicious. Total bill 21e. 

No comments:

Post a Comment