Wednesday, September 11, 2013

For e12, Damn The Bedbugs!

So I'm in St. Maure de Touraine. A little Agro town with two hotels. The two star hotel (40E) was full and the three star was 100E. 

Once again the lady at the tourist office came through and handed me a key to the pilgrim house for 12E. Kind of dingy with no sheets and 2 sets of bunk beds in a single room.  There are three of us here and since I was second I have a lower bunk. 

The president of the Camino organization for the Touraine region lives in town and stopped by. He gave his spiel twice; once for me in English and the other for the two Frenchmen. To the French guys I heard him say The Way (blah blah blah) Martin Sheen. He then explained that he had told the town government about the movie and arranged a showing of it in French to anyone in the tourist business who wanted to see it. He was psyched that 350 people showed up. Only 50 people live in this village but Touraine is the region of Tours so he thinks it really got them into the Camino spirit. 

A few years ago I would have referred to my two roommates as old guys but I'll just call them older than me. They don't know each other but are both  married but their wives don't like to walk. One of them brought a pizza, the other found a can of lentils & sausages (franks & beans) and I got some wine - so we feasted on that. 

I'm just figuring out this new blog platform and am trying not to upload photos unless there's wifi but here's a picture of the gang. The guy in the doorway is the "care taker" of the place and the one sitting down is the Camino association president. 
. Also hoping there's a map feature like the last one. It's google so I suspect there is one. 

Next stop is another little town called Ormes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment