Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Restful Day

I wasn't able to load yesterday's post until this morning due to a wifi conflict between the blogging software and downloading the latest episode of Breaking Bad. It took three tries but after managing to keep the connection alive for seven hours, I'm pleased to report that the download was successful and I'm all up to date!  

Back in the day, before Bordeaux was the the huge metropolis it is now, the pilgrimage route had stops in two different neighborhoods, Bouscat and Gradignan. I decided to stay for two nights at a budget hotel between the two in the center of town. 

It looks like I have one more day in wine country before entering the Landes region, which is the largest coastal pine forest in Europe and the last region before Basque country.  It goes on for five or six days and it has a reputation for being expensive and tedious. 

I walked around town a bit today but wasnt able to take any pictures since my phone was occupied with the BB download. But I do have this picture of a very handsome looking Donkey that I took a couple of days ago. 

It shared a pasture with two other, shaggy looking donkeys. They were too far away for me to get a good shot of them but when I got to my day's destination and read about it online I found out that they're actually a very rare, endangered breed of donkeys. I'm not sure if this is one of them (without the shag) but still - a damn nice looking donkey, right?  Actually looks like a horse except for the ears. 




No comments:

Post a Comment