Friday, September 27, 2013

A Town That Doesn't Even Have A Church!

That's where I am alright. Le Muret. I'm in the thick of the Landes region and although I know I've only been in it for two days and I know it can't go on forever, it's pretty desolate. 

Without a church there isn't much to take pictures of out here.  The final few kms were along this lovely trail. Le Muret is right on the other side of this superhighway - about a half a km away but Gomie kept insisting the only way to get to the other side was to keep going another 3km to the next exit, then come back up 3km. That would have been over an hour. Luckily, 200 or 300 meters after this picture there is a construction tunnel under the highway. Imagine the thrill it was for me to see Gomie go from "Le Muret - 1 hour, 12 minutes" to "Le Muret - 10 minutes"!


No comments:

Post a Comment