Saturday, May 2, 2015

Out of Bilbao

I wrote a post last night but for some reason it didn't post. It was just about being lazy and spending an extra day in Bilbao - which I did. I did laundry and tried to figure out my next couple of days. It was a  ase of "you think long, you think wrong" because I ended up in a very lame place. It's a combination hotel and gas station a km or so off of the camino. I think k I chose it because it was cheaper than continuing on to the next real town, Castro Urdiales.  But it leaves me a long way from where I want to go tomorrow, which is Laredo (an even longer way from the Laredo I REALLY want to go to (the bar in Jill's neighborhood)).  Oh well.

It took forever to get out of Bilbao today. There's a designated foot/ bicycle path from the outskirts almost all the way here. Of course it being a city on a weekend it was dominated by lycra - clad serious bicyclists. Ugh. So, not the greatest day but it didn't rain, so that was nice.

1 comment:

  1. Steve, I am surprised. I thought this was a a Camino/Lycra trip for you. Go aerodynamic or go home. Glad you're moving forward south. Safe travels.Murdz

    ReplyDelete