Monday, May 25, 2015

Not Many Options

Even though there's still 140km left, the end of this camino is in sight. That might be because for the first time since France I actually have to plan in advance. places to stop are so few and far between that I'm probably going to have to do at least one 40km stage.

People I've met are pretty shocked at how crowded "the Norte" is. A Dutch guy was telling me that his wife did this route the same time last year and there were only a quarter of the people there are now.

It's still not particularly social though. I think there are big groups of 'sectioners' who all hang out together and just do a few days at a time.

I came across something that looked pretty cool toward the end of today's walk. I think I read that it's a lookout / anti-aircraft site from WW1. That would make sense because it's at the end of a long valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment