Thursday, May 14, 2015

921?

The sign outside this church (San Salvador) said it was  built in 921. I suspected they left out the leading "1" because it looks pretty new to me. I'm sure it's been rebuilt many times and parts of it do look really old.

there was a couple of pilgrims at the church when I got there. I think they were Italian. I told them (in "Spanish") that I don't speak Spanish but asked if they thkught the church was more than a thousand years old. The Italian lady gets up from the bench, walks over to where I was standing - by the sign and starts reading it loudly and slowly. In Spanish. I guess she thought I actually could speak and understand Spanish. I just didn't know how to read. I gave her a look and walked away as she continued to read. I hope we were pretty much equally offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment