Monday, June 1, 2015

Next?

Finisterre and Muxia are on the Atlantic coast. It's four days to Muxia and I'm interested to see what that part of the walk is like and who does it. At the moment my plan is to pack up and set out towards those parts tomorrow am. I saw the Dutch guys earlier today. We're going to get something to eat later but I do t know if we'll get a queimada. We may not have enough people. But whatever.

I'm a little bummed that I didn't make the chance to jump the barrier and put my hand on the column that's now off limits to touch. If I got yelled at I'd use the "plenary indulgence" defense. I may have used that earlier today though. I went down to see the silver box of St. James remains in the cathedral. It's in a little passageway under the alter and I banged my head on the ceiling at the top of the steps on the way out. Without thinking I muttered an exasperated "Jesus!" and got an ironic smile from a couple walking by.

No comments:

Post a Comment