Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Puebla de Sanabria is a great litttle town but I've been here long enough. The tourist office assured me that the specific fires that were in front of me are out now, and that it's going to rain all night.

That said, I'm not a bundle of enthusiasm. I woke up this morning, went out for the usual breakfast of coffee and toast, then went back to my incredibly comfortable and stylish room with the 40 inch tv. I already knew there wasn't going to be any channels in English, but the line-up was pretty much what I'd get back in the States.  On one channel they showed The Middle all day long, and on the other they showed one episode of Pawn Stars - which is great in any language, followed by non-stop Storage Wars - which always sucks.

Anyway I gave myself a programming exercise to complete. I made it up in my head in between dreams of smoking cigarettes. I thought it would take an hour to render seven buttons, one for each day of the week, with different colors and identifiers. I'm happy to report that it took less than five minutes using the new javascript ES6 backtick tricks I learned in school.


No comments:

Post a Comment