Saturday, October 7, 2017

I'm kind of feeling it

The idea of doing the main Camino route again was mainly because of how social I remember it being. Inside I knew that was setting high expectations and so I'm not shocked that it isn't full of fun, funny people, like me.

It's fine though. I have met some really good people - almost always at dinner. The most interesting were the Norwegian couplewith unpronounceable names. They made me feel so proudly Norwegian. Then last night I shared a table with a Dutch couple who were nice and interesting.

So I have four more days to Leon. From there I'm planning on going to Zamora and picking up the Via de la Plata where I abandoned it last year - so I'll be on a fresh route again. Did I ever mention what I sometimes refer to as "The 60km Day"?  Aside from the fact that The shadows were arriving for our 40th anniversary trip, I really couldn't bear the thought of staying two nights in towns that I'd already been to, and didn't much like. So I'll be glad to have a fresh entry route into Santiago.

That's still a long ways always though.

No comments:

Post a Comment