Friday, March 27, 2015

Glad I brought my freaking LAPTOP!

I was too damn cheap to get a tablet so I figured what the hell my laptop is pretty light. I'll bring that instead. As usual I'm blogging from my phone flat on my back.
Thats right, I'm caminoing again - two years older and carrying a freaking laptop.   You know I'm not a particularly religious guy but maybe there's significance in bearing that extra weight on my back.
Anyhow, I got into Madrid on Tuesday morning after an extraordinarily comfortable flight (thanks cousin B!) and had a nice time Tuesday evening with Jill & Sandi.
My starting point this time around was Montpellier, France on the "Arles route" of the camino. I got into Montpellier on Wednesday evening and scored a €33 hotel room in the middle of town. St. Roch, the patron saint of pilgrims is buried at St. Rochs church - which is in Montpellier!  I went to the church to pick up my "passport" and the lady there didn't know what I was talking about.
Anyway, I took off this morning after breakfast (the usual croissant, yogurt and coffee) and by the time I reached the town I'm in I was afraid to take off my boots because I thought they were the only things holding my feet together.
Whining aside, it was a pretty great day. All sunshine in the mid 60s. Spring is definately here. Buds on the trees and bugs in the air.
I'm not sure if this link works for anyone but me. If it does, it will show my route as well as a topographic chart.

I'll post some pics tomorrow. I'm beyond wifi range at the place I'm staying and I'll be staying horizontal until morning or nature calls! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment