Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Brutal Wind

I was scared for awhile. The wind was a steady 58km/hr but the gusts at the top seemed way higher. It blew the rain cover off my backpack. I made it into Lunas in one piece though. The next two days are harder than today - actually the hardest until I reach the Pyranees.

The wind is supposed to die down a bit over the next couple of days but I'm keeping my options open about what to do tomorrow. One problem is that there's no shelter for 25km on the next stage. Another is that I'm the only person up there so it feels pretty vulnerable. Right now I'm leaning towards going 5km to the next village, walk further up the mountain to see what it's like and go back to the village tomorrow night.

There's no busses along the route so if I bail on this part I'll have to take a cab.  No big deal. Anyway I'm in no hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment