Monday, March 30, 2015

Bates!

To anyone thinking of visiting Lodève, France, keep in mind that hotels are closed on Mondays from November through March.
As I stood with my nose pressed against the glass door of the tourist office, a helpful local shouted "Ferme Lundi!  Demain!"  Since the hotels aren't open on Mondays, the Tourism office takes a break as well.
Good thing I have my trusty guidebook. It's terrible for directions but the bible for accommodations. So I landed at a Chambre d'Hote  (B&B) for €35.
Regardless of my expectations, every time I snag myself a place to stay for the night, no matter how humble, I think of my idol - Bates from Downton Abbey. I say to myself what he said when Thomas first showed him his crappy little room. "I shall be very happy here. Very happy indeed."

No comments:

Post a Comment