Wednesday, March 30, 2016

I said it before and I'll say it again

I'm never doing one of these oddball camino routes by myself again.  Okay I will admit that I'm only one day into this one and I knew it was going to be a drag but I'm just saying.

It wasn't all that bad actually.  Getting out of Sevilla (or is it Seville?) was easy and that was a surprise.  Usually getting out of cities is a pain in the ass but this time it was pretty straightforward.  

An alternate route let me avoid most of the suburbs so it was a flat dirt road all the way to Guillena and some of it was fairly nice.  It was one of those farming roads that went between fields.  This time of year you can't tell wether it's a corn field to the left and potatoes to the right or whatever.  It's a dirt road between two dirt fields.   Weather-wise it was hard to beat.  60's and sunny.  

Guillena isn't horrible.  Irritating but not horrible.  It's what I figure towns in California - on the outskirts of Sacramento are probably like.  I wish I loved it here because it's the cheapest place I've ever been in my life.  My private room, including breakfast, good wifi, and laundry service, was 12 euros.  Dinner was 6.  A can of beer is 1 euro so I've only spent a little over 30 euros here. ;)

Here's what I learned from my 38,340 steps today:  If you wear the same damn boots, expect the same damn blisters.  Hasta manana.

No comments:

Post a Comment